Auction funds this year will go toward a new church sign which will be lighted, updated by remote, and have programmable time changes. The benefits of having such a sign will be to better inform people of service schedules, church events, and other items of interest to the community. It would also serve as an initial welcome to new attendees
The church auction could easily raise the $5,000 needed to complete the purchase of the sign, so here’s the plan to raise money and have funat the same time:
The auction date is Saturday, October 18. Dress as a favorite Hollywood actor, actress, or character and make a grand entrance on the “red carpet” and be seated for dinner. The silent auction begins during the dinner hour followed by the carnival as the meal is completed. Buy some cheap tokens and choose your fun. Want to win a yummy dessert or take a chance at the Cake Walk? Maybe your idea of fun is paying the jailer and sending the object of your attention to the hoosegow. Will the prisoner be able to post bail? Or maybe put your handprint in a Hollywood star and stake your claim to fame. Got a great costume? Take home a picture.
Somewhere in the melee, the live auction will start. Here, the higher valued items will be auctioned. The silent auction will continue throughout the evening’s events.
- Childcare will be available, so plan to stay until 9:00. The carnival activities will come and go throughout the evening and music will be provided by DJReMax,Max Friedli, for all who might want to dance.
- Tickets will be available soon, so watch for posters and emails with details.
- Dinner will be served from 5:00 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Childcare opens in the nursery at 5:30 p.m. for preschool and younger.
- Silent auction bidding begins at 5:30 p.m.