On Saturday, April 18, join other men from South Central Alaska for a time of fellowship and renewal at the United Methodist Retreat Center in historic Hope, Alaska. The day will include:
- Two presentations and discussions on the theme “Decisions That Will Change Your Life” (sharing experiences, scripture as a resource and setting plans for our future as Christian men.) Led by Rev. John Campbell.
- A first look at Larry Hayden’s new short booklet on the community of Hope and how it is intertwined with the history of Methodism in Alaska.
- A chance to get to know other men of area churches and to plan studies, events, outings and service projects for this next program year.
Cost is $45.00 *which includes two meals, snacks and study materials.
- 8:00 a.m., Gather at St. John UMC parking lot
- 8:30 a.m., Carpool to Hope
- 10:30 – Noon, First session with 15 minute break at11:15 a.m.
- Noon – 1:00 p.m., Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Second Study Session – short break at 2:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Free time
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Planning session
- 5:00 p.m., Dinner and Closing Vespers with Communion
- 6: 00 p.m., Carpool back to Anchorage
*A portion of the retreat proceeds will be designated to assist Paul Williams of the Willow UMM in his volunteer prison ministry at the Wildwood Correctional Center.
To register: email AMC/UMM President Jim LaBau: email@example.com or phone St. John UMC , 344-3025.
Make check payable to St. John UMC; write UMM retreat on the memo line.