Bishop Grant Hagiya wishes to announce his intention to appoint the Rev. Timothy C. McConville as pastor of the United Methodist Church of Chugiak effective July 1, 2015.
Pastor Tim and his wife, Pamela, have two daughters, one son, and five grandsons, all of whom live in Alaska. Pastor Tim is a graduate of Asbury Theological Seminary, and is from Pennsylvania. He and his wife are very excited about joining the rest of their family in Alaska, especially the chance to be nearer to their grandchildren.
Pastor Tim writes, “My objective is to be obedient to a calling of God and fulfill my responsibilities as a disciple and a father and grandfather. I intend to use my 23 years of professional experience with joy in order to help organize the Church to make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
His United Methodist pastoral appointment history includes:
1994 – 2000, Lead Pastor, Larger Parish United Methodist Church, Uniontown, PA
2000 – 2005, Pastor, First United Methodist Church, Belle Vernon, PA
2005 – Present, Lead Pastor, Evangelical United Methodist Church, Brookville, PA
His Annual Conference Connectional Involvement includes:
- District Committee on Ordained Ministry member
- Chair of Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry
- Vice Chair, Church and Society
- Host and Secretary/Treasurer of Western Pennsylvania Prison Outreach Ministry
- Clergy Mentor
His service beyond the local church includes:
- President of the Ministerial Association
- Parent Board Member at WRC Senior Services Corp., and community representative
- Member of the Community Club
- Member of Brookville Historical Society
- Host of Troop #67, Boy Scouts of America
- As a foster parent and officer, helped organize the Resource Parent Association
- 2013 Foster-Parent of the Year for Jefferson County, PA for 34 children at risk and/or developmentally challenged.
- C.R.E.A.T.E. Brookville Community Gardens Coordinator