The Trustees of the United Methodist Church are responsible for the church buildings and grounds. Once again, the year has been a busy one with many accomplishments. To name just a few:
- A new retaining wall was built near the Parsonage. Wintergreen LLC removed the old railroad tie retaining wall and replaced it with Allen blocks.
- Three storm doors were installed at the Parsonage. The deck was repaired and painted.
- Inside & outside windows of the church were cleaned.
- A door to the Community Center storage room was installed and the lighting system replaced.
- Our visiting Volunteers in Mission (VIM) team completed the outside exit pads and the stairway from the upper parking lot down to the playground. Other volunteers painted the stairs.
- Gutters were installed on the church building.
- Three Eagle Scout projects have been completed: a bicycle helmet stand for neighborhood children was built, a literacy library was installed near the playground, and a community garden was cleared and fenced beyond the lower parking lot.
- Miscellaneous items were also addressed, such as the MOA elevator inspection deficiencies, Fire Marshall inspection updates, electrical and plumbing work, and information was gathered for future projects.
Trustees are always looking for interested people to assist in taking care of the church building. Contact Bonnie Bailey, or the UMCC church office at 696-2353, if you would like to help in any way.